David Moyes wanted to sign a return center to his side for the entire transfer window, and that was his priority signing.
They tried to sign James Tarkowski from Burnley but Sean Dyche didn’t want him to leave and the club demanded £ 50million, a sum West Ham refused to pay.
Wesley Fofana was another target for the club, but instead moved to Leicester City, while Daniele Rugani and several others were also linked.
The inability to sign Tomori, simply because the player wouldn’t budge, will sting Moyes and his team despite having a good start to the season.
Club fans were annoyed by the departure of youngster Grady Diangana and the club did not use the money to make signings with only right-back Vladimir Coufal having joined this summer.
Tomori had a huge breakout season on loan at Derby County in 2018/19, when Frank Lampard was in charge of the Championship club, and played regularly last season for the Blues upon his return to the club.
He has played 15 times in the league and 22 in total, with Chelsea finishing in the top four, but only made one league appearance this season.
Subscribe to CNET’s mobile newsletter for the latest news and phone reviews.
Read more: The best electric scooter, e-bike and riding tech options for 2020
According to VanderZanden, Bird had started an app with Citi “early”, but decided not to go all the way on April 23. “It appears that Citi initiated an application pending our decision on whether to officially apply… They confirmed that the temporary application was canceled that evening. And never submitted. “
Liverpool have moved closer to Barcelona to take Ousmane Dembele on a season-long loan.
The Premier League champions had been rather calm in the transfer window with many pundits asking them to improve from a position of strength, but now they are very active.
According to the Spanish point of sale SPORT, The Reds have asked Barca to take Dembele for the season, for a fee, but have yet to hear from the Catalan giants.
Liverpool are said to pay the player’s full salary for the season, but the report expects Barca to only think about selling Dembele, not loaning him out.
Jurgen Klopp has an incredible front threesome at his disposal, in Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino, but he wants to add more depth to the attacking trio.
The Reds were somewhat lucky last season that neither of their forwards suffered long injuries, with substitutes Divock Origi and Xherdan Shaqiri not being at the level of the top three, despite the penchant for ‘Origi for goals in big games.
Dembele was bought in August 2017 as a replacement for Neymar, which cost Barca € 105million at Borussia Dortmund, with an additional € 40million.
Things have not worked out well for the Frenchman so far and he has only played 74 times in all competitions in the previous three seasons, mostly thanks to injuries.
He is currently back from his latest injury, a hamstring tear that kept him out of the last 19 games of the season, after missing 21 games earlier in the season with another injury.
Ronald Koeman’s side have added Francisco Trincao and young Winged Pedri this season, while Lionel Messi is now expected to stay, so Dembele’s chances may be limited.
There is a dispute over which companies received the federal bailout money.
Bird, the scooter-sharing company, received a loan worth $ 5-10 million from the federal government’s Paycheck Protection Program (P3P) in late April, according to a list of thousands of companies released. Monday. The company said in its application to the Treasury Department and the Small Business Association that the loan would help it keep 341 jobs. But less than a month before, Bird laid off more than 400 employees, or about 30 percent of its staff.
But Bird argues that he should not be included in the government’s list. “Bird was wrongly listed as a company that applied for a PPP loan,” a company spokesperson said. “We did not request and we did not receive a PPP loan. As a company, we decided not to apply because we did not want to divert essential funds from local small businesses. “
Bird CEO Travis VanderZanden said in a tweet that the company discussed the PPP loan request with its bank, Citi, but ultimately never followed through.
Bird spoke with Citi early on, but decided not to apply for a P3 because the money was more deserved by local small businesses. Citi will confirm that to you. I don’t know how we made the PPP list, but we are investigating. https://t.co/81HUJLKy4o
VanderZanden later wrote that Citi initiated an application pending Bird making the decision whether or not to apply for a loan. “We talked internally and told Citi that we didn’t want to apply by email on April 23,” he said. “They confirmed that the [temporary application] was canceled that night and was never submitted.
On Monday evening, a spokesperson for Citi Bank confirmed that it had never facilitated a loan application for Bird. “Citi has not funded a PPP loan for Bird,” the spokesperson said in a statement. “Citi will seek the assistance of the SBA to ensure that the agency’s data accurately reflects actual PPP loans.”
Bird is not alone. A handful of venture capitalists have also denied receiving PPP loans while they were on government records. Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Foundation Capital and Advent Capital Management all say they never looked for rescue money.
An SBA spokesperson declined to comment on the differences. In the background, a senior administration official said that only companies that submitted claims through the SBA’s electronic transmission system (ETran) by an approved lender were on the disclosure list. “If a lender hasn’t canceled the loan in the ETran system, the loan is listed as part of today’s data disclosure,” the official said.
The Citi spokesperson declined to say whether the bank failed to cancel Bird’s request.
The bird was among the names of the companies which secured small business loans of over $ 150,000 released today by the Treasury Department after lawmakers pushed for more transparency. In addition to the scooter startup, there are a number of leading autonomous vehicle companies, LIDAR makers, and other “mobility” companies on the list.
TuSimple, a self-sustaining trucking company with offices in the United States and China, received a loan of between $ 2-5 million. The startup said in its application to the Treasury Department and the Small Business Association that the loan would help it keep 324 jobs.
Luminar, an Orlando-based company that makes LIDAR laser sensors for Volvo, Toyota and other automakers working on autonomous vehicles, has secured a loan of between $ 5 million and $ 10 million to keep 341 jobs.
Kodiak Robotics, an autonomous truck company that currently delivers freight to Texas, has secured a loan of $ 1 million to $ 2 million to save 87 jobs.
Udelv, an independent delivery company in partnership with Walmart and Baidu, received a loan in the range of $ 350,000 to $ 1 million. (The company did not disclose how many jobs it would keep.)
Optimus Ride, a Boston-based audiovisual company with operations in Brooklyn and Northern Virginia, received a loan in the range of $ 2 million to $ 5 million to keep 159 jobs.
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies, a California-based company that was formed to realize Elon Musk’s 2013 transportation vision, received a loan in the range of $ 150,000 to $ 350,000 to retain 15 jobs.
RideCell, an operating platform for ridesharing companies, has received a loan in the range of $ 2-5 million to keep 246 jobs.
Bolt Mobility, a micromobility company that offers a range of electric vehicles for hire, has secured a loan in the range of $ 350,000 to $ 1 million to save 18 jobs.
Turo, a San Francisco-based carsharing company, received a loan in the range of $ 5-10 million. (The company did not disclose how many jobs it would keep.)
May Mobility, a Michigan-based autonomous shuttle company, has secured a loan in the range of $ 1 million to $ 2 million to save 58 jobs.
Velodyne, the largest LIDAR maker in the United States, received a loan in the range of $ 5-10 million to keep 450 jobs.
LIDAR maker Aeye has secured a $ 2-5 million loan to save 85 jobs.
Update July 6 at 2:53 p.m. ET: Updated to include Bird’s statement.
Update July 7 at 10:18 a.m. ET: Updated to include additional statements from Bird and statements from Citi Bank and SBA.
Hazard hasn’t left since he took a huge step Chelsea in 2019, scoring just three goals in 32 appearances for Real in all competitions.
According to Turkish media Ajansspor, via sport, Fenerbahçe wishes to temporarily bring the former Lille resident to Istanbul.
However, it should be noted that Hazard has reportedly already spoken of playing for Fener. That’s according to the former club president Cetinkaya, who now works as a vice-president in Waterloo, Belgium.
“Hazard is an old friend and friend of mine. I have known him since the age of 15-16. At that time, he was playing in Lille, he told Ajansspor in 2019.
“He had great sympathy for Fenerbahçe. He also has a word for me. He said: ‘Hasan, I will play Fenerbahçe one day. We don’t know when that will happen.
“He was 16 when he was playing at Lille and I watched the PSG game. It was obvious even at that age. As we spoke, there was Eden Hazard, Gervinho and Sow. We didn’t. were able to get Sow that from there.
“At Eden Hazard, it entered another dimension. He received offers from the most important clubs in Europe. He was one of the greatest talents in Europe. Time will tell, Hazard will wear a day the jersey of Fenerbahçe. “