The Summer Programs Director is responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing a diverse and comprehensive program that brings over 2,500 campers to Providence Day School each summer.
• Designs and coordinates all school summer programs, including academic and non-academic classes, sports camps, creative and performing arts programs
• Serves as the main spokesperson for summer programs
• Directs all facets of the program to ensure the safety of children and camp staff
• Hires and supervises all administrators and office staff for seasonal summer programs
• Recruit, hire and supervise individual camp directors and leaders
• Oversees and approves the use of all facilities during the summer months in conjunction with the Events Coordinator and Facilities Department
• In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications department, designs and creates an annual marketing campaign including the preparation of a catalog, print and digital advertising, as well as other marketing tools
• Responsible for the annual review of all camps and programs
• Oversees summer program budget, including revenue projections
• Works closely with the finance office and human resources department to ensure accurate payroll and compliance with all labor laws
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• The ability to inspire and lead teams
• Excellent organizational skills – managing various camp schedules, rotation schedules and registration process
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact appropriately with diverse – groups of adults and children
• A flexible and problem-solving orientation
• Understanding and comfort in managing a database
• A general understanding of age-appropriate activities
BA/BS degree in a related field. Three or more years of program administration experience, including supervising staff.
The physical requirements of this position are those necessary to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities described above. As required by law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Salary and benefits:
Providence Day School is committed to attracting and retaining exceptional employees through a compensation plan that compares favorably to those of other independent schools both locally and nationally. Individual salary levels are competitive and are determined by training and experience. A comprehensive benefits package includes TIAA retirement and medical/dental coverage.
Applicants must submit a cover letter of interest, a current resume, college transcript, three letters of recommendation, and a list of references with phone numbers. Documents should be sent to the email address provided:
This position is open until filled.
Providence Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).